Senior Translation Manager
Senior Project Manager vacancy
Senior Translation Manager
Senior Project Manager vacancy
Senior Translation Project Management vacancy
As betterlanguages.com Ltd. continues to grow, we are actively looking to recruit a Senior Translation Project Manager. The post is full time and will be based at our modern head office close to Nottingham city centre, Nottingham University, and the Nottingham Tram Network.
Please read the following page, including the person specification and job description to ensure you meet the requirements, and then send your CV to enquiries(at)betterlanguages.com (replace the (at) with @ to prove you are a human applicant and not a robot), stating current job role and salary, relevant experience and qualifications, together with a covering letter stating how you think you meet our requirements.
Please note that you must hold a translation relevant qualification, be working in a translation project a management role within the translation industry, and be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Candidates who do not meet these requirements will not be shortlisted.
Previous post holders:
You may like to know about the experience of previous post holders in working for the organisation. Both the current owners started working for the organisation as Translation Project Managers, and previous post holders have gone on to have successful careers within the industry.
About working as a betterlanguages.com Senior Translation Project Manager:
We welcome applications by CV (in English) from suitably qualified candidates. Essential requirements are either a post graduate level qualification in translation or a first degree including translation and/or professional membership of a recognised translators body such as the American Translators Association, The Chartered Institute of Linguists, or the Institute of Translation and Interpreting. Acceptance of a professional accreditation is at the absolute discretion of the company.
Candidates must have excellent communication skills in English, and at least one of our other major languages (Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French or German preferred), an understanding of the work of translators, and either Trados certification or Trados experience and willingness to train to level 3. Experience of translation project management within a translation company is essential, including managing multi-language translation projects, liaising with high profile key clients. Working to tight deadlines, dealing with translators and other industry professionals, effective teamworking, and managing staff.
In accordance with UK employment law, candidates must be able to prove that they have the right to work in the United Kingdom. We will consider applications from candidates outside the immediate Nottingham travel to work area, but they must be available for local interview in Nottingham. Candidates from outside the EU will not be shortlisted unless they provide evidence of their right to work with their application, and are available for a UK interview at their expense, the company will not support visa applications.
As a small business, there is opportunity to develop your career, and to work as part of a dynamic and growing translation management team.
Senior Translation Manager Job Description
Better Languages aims to be a high quality translation services company, utilising highly skilled staff and suppliers. Characterised by a high trust, can-do culture, we want staff who share our vision and values. As a small team everyone is important, including internal staff, outside suppliers and customers. Both teamwork, and initiative are essential.
Staff are expected to work to the highest ethical standards, and to be committed to continuous improvement, and quality outcomes in line with our quality standards, both in terms of translation deliverables, and in a pleasant work environment and a strong sense of team. As a virtual business, much of what happens is away from the office, with key roles such as translation and proofreading, typesetting and DTP, SEO and website development, and IT support all outsourced. Translation Managers need to have the necessary “soft” skills to give confidence to customers, and to work successfully in a virtual, multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment, additionally as a Senior Translation manager, you will be leading the Project Management team, and deputising for the company directors in their absence. Please note that this role is office based at our head office in Nottingham.
Senior Translation Project Manager Role:
To monitor and control the progress of translation projects from enquiry to delivery, including any ancillary services such as typesetting or artwork checking, and after sales support. Liaison between the in-house staff team, customers and suppliers, to ensure a high quality translation service. Reports to the company directors. Supervision of Project managers, Erasmus placement students, freelance translators and other suppliers.
Senior Translation Project Management tasks:
- Select suitable translators
- Ensure that translators have the academic qualifications and expertise to properly understand the requirements of the client
- Agree price and delivery timescales with translators
- Handle enquiries from potential and current clients by phone, by email, and in person
- Manage the translation management team, including staff supervision, coaching, goal setting, and performance monitoring
- Allocate tasks to translators and other suppliers
- Progress the return of work from translators and other suppliers to meet agreed timescales
- Resolve translation difficulties identified by Better Languages
- Resolve problems identified by clients
- Ensure text is correctly formatted.
- Notify Directors of any extraordinary difficulties where assistance may be required
- Satisfied clients
- Quotes and Invoices raised on time
- Satisfied translators and other suppliers
- Efficient service delivery in accordance with organisational requirements
- Achievement of KPIs including translation quality, customer retention, performance to budget
- Proficient use of English in spoken and written form
- Previous translation project management experience within a translation company
- First degree or equivalent in translation, languages, or a relevant technical discipline and/or a recognised translation qualification
- Proficient use of one or more major languages in addition to English
- Excellent communication skills in English, including the ability to work with high profile clients, translators and other outside suppliers
- Negotiating skills with clients and suppliers
- Attention to detail
- Ability to plan, organise and deliver work against organisational requirements
- Team leader, with the gravitas to lead a team of project managers, internal staff, and external suppliers in accordance with organisational requirements
- Team player, with commitment to the highest ethical and business standards
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Masters level qualification in translation
- Proficient use of Trados Studio or a comparable CAT tool