Timely and accurate - in any language
Timely and accurate - in any language
Need Your E-Commerce Website Translated?
betterlanguages.com can help, with a fast and accurate e-commerce translation services.
No job is too big, nor too small, and our translators are carefully selected for each job, not just because of their language skills, but also because they have experience in the specific area of translation required, whatever that may be.
Our work is characterised by:
- flexibility to client needs
- competitive pricing
- professional translators, translating in their areas of specialism
- e-commerce translations large and small
- all major languages
- a can-do approach
- advice and support whenever it is required
New To Translation?
It can be daunting to think about translating an e-commerce site for the first time. Here are a few things to consider:
- As you pay on word count, keeping text simple, and none repetitive will save money, as well as being clear to read
- Think about off page factors such as page titles, meta-tags, keywords and page descriptions. Duplicating the English content is not a good idea, equally you can pay a lot for international search engine optimisation. In general, if content is well written and keyword rich in English, it will also be well written and keyword rich in the target language providing you use professional translation.
- Think about how much you need translated. Do you really need all 300 English pages translated on day one, or do you want to translate some selected content and grow the international site over time.
- Think about hosting and domains, do you want international content on a single domain, or do you want localised versions in appropriate languages, with in-country hosting?
- Consider all elements of your e-commerce site, including shopping cart, order confirmation and help pages
Not sure which languages are required for particular markets? No problem, talk to us about this, and we can advise.
Before embarking on getting your e-commerce website translated, it’s important to think through some of the logistical issues:
Can you service the particular market?
For example, can you distribute your products, or handle enquiries in the local language? Maybe you need a different approach for different markets, for example if you have staff who can deal with sales enquiries in French by phone, but need to deal with Simplified Chinese by e-mail.
Are your products or services culturally relevant?
Sometimes there are issues which are clear, such as alcoholic products being likely to be inappropriate in an Islamic country, but sometimes it is more subtle. For example we know a children’s costume and fancy dress manufacturer who finds that products which sell well in certain colours in the UK, but need different colours in Spain.
Is there much local competition?
Do you have existing contractual relationships which could conflict with your e-commerce website? For example if you have given a local distributor sole rights in a market, can you sell there online?
Are there any specific legal issues, such as a requirement to set up a locally registered company to trade in a given territory?
Your E-Commerce Translation
The aim of this page is to stimulate thought processes and planning when thinking about a specific market, we don’t pretend to be experts in all of the above issues, but we can advise you on translation for a given market. We can also put you in contact with legal compliance advisors, who will assist you with any potential compliance issues.
Remember that the earlier you talk to us, the better the result is likely to be. Contact betterlanguages.com today on 0115 9788980 for all your e-commerce translation requirements.