Applying to betterlanguages.com as a freelance translator:
Freelance translator Application process:
1) Before applying ensure that you have the right to work for us on a freelance basis, and that you meet any tax and legal obligations applicable in your country. We pay only on invoice, and will disclose any information lawfully requested of us by tax authorities.
2) Read this page, and ensure you meet all our requirements.
3) Prepare your CV, include all details we ask for. CVs must be in English, be aware that quality of writing is part of the selection process.
4) Ensure that you are applying as an individual freelancer, and not an agency representative, sub-contracting of work is not permitted unless authorised by us in writing.
5) Before submitting an application ensure that all information is accurate and up to date.
6) Before submitting an application be certain that you agree to us holding any information disclosed for the purposes of translator recruitment, and that any information submitted is accurate and true.
8) Please note that owing to high volumes we do not normally acknowledge CVs.
If you fit our criteria and are interested in freelance translation work, please follow the steps above to submit your CV.
We particularly need translators to translate short texts, and for translating specialist technical areas.
Freelance translators: If you would like to be considered to work with betterlanguages.com please ensure that you state clearly your language pairs, areas of specialism, rate per word, and minimum charge, any translation software or specialist dictionaries used. Translators need to be able to provide two professional references, and/or demonstrate membership of a recognised professional body such as ATA, ITI or IOL. Please note that we normally only accept CVs in English, this is because we mainly translate other languages paired with English, the only exception is if you are offering Spanish, French, or German paired with languages other than English, when we will accept a CV in Spanish, French or German. Please take care with the quality of language used, as well as with the content, as this is part of the selection process. We only use native speakers, who are professional linguists and translating into their native language. Latest assignments: We are currently looking for translators and proofreaders for regular short texts from English into a wide range of languages including: Romanian, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Arabic, Turkish and Greek. Candidates must be willing to work to tight deadlines (24 hours for documents of under 250 source words), must be native in the target language, and have a proven track record as a translator with a relevant professional qualification. Freelance translators please read the above information, and then use the contact page to send us your CV. Please note that due to volume of applications we can’t always respond individually, but we do read all applications.