We are looking for translators in Nottingham. If you match our requirements, then we like to hear from you. We collaborate with a network of translators in many countries, but have comparatively few Nottingham translators.
If you would like to apply to Better Languages, here are a few points to consider:
- You must be a professionally qualified translator – it isn’t enough just to know a second language
- We don’t directly employ translators, so you must be an established freelance translator
- You need a post graduate translation qualification. Alternatively we also consider full members of one of the main translators professional bodies. These include The Chartered Institute of Linguists, as well as the Institute of Translation and Interpreting
- You will also need to be translating into your native language
- We need you to use of a major CAT tool such as Trados Studio
- You do need an attention to detail, as well as a willingness to learn.
- We also need you to have exceptional translation skills in your areas of specialism
In return we offer:
- A pleasant team environment where you will liaise closely with our translation managers
- competitive rates and prompt payment. As a high quality company we only want the best translators
- interesting and varied translation projects. Our major specialisms include retail translation, website translation, as well as translation of labels and packaging.
Please note that we get a high volume of applicants. We also inevitably have more demand for some languages and specialisms than for others. Our translators section has more information on how to apply, and what to include in your translator application.