“Transcreation” is one of those buzz words of the translation industry which can easily leave people confused.
The idea is really relatively straightforward. The concept is that literal translation is often inappropriate to marketing and branding text. Our translator (or transcreator) is therefore effectively an original writer. We create new text in the target language.
We convey your marketing concepts and ideas in the target language, rather than simply translating words. All marketing translation can be argued to be transcreation. Our task is to create meaningful and engaging marketing copy in the target language.
All source text, is not created equal however. Key messages such as strap-lines, logos, and advertisements, may require special attention, as can product titles. Most translation companies charge on a per word basis. This is normal for a standard narrative text.
However, do you want us to translate your 5 word strap-line in a matter of minutes? It has probably taken your creative team hours of work.
The art of the transcreator, is that we need to take time to produce the correct message in the target language. This is very far from a literal word by word translation. We need a clear brief from you. This will help us match your required style and brand guidelines as closely as possible.
If you require key phrases or messages transcreated, then we can supply alternative transcreated texts. This can include back translations, allowing you to choose your preferred message in the target language.
Our transcreation services
- We work with your in-house marketing team or branding agency in order to understand your target audience
- Transcreation services into a wide range of languages
- Trusted by top global brands – who especially value our transcreation skills
- Transcreation of product packaging, marketing and brand collateral
- Transcreation of website copy to reach your intended audience
- An ISO: 9001 certified translation company, which has been trading for over 30 years
Contact us to discuss your transcreation requirements.